If you haven’t done so already go to AdDuplex website, get registered and create a new Window Phone 8.1+ app in the cross promotion section. Take note on the App ID that gets generated for you. We will need that later on.
This guide will take you step by step on how to integrate AdDuplex ad control into your app and start cross-promoting. The method described here is designed for users without much experience in native Windows Phone app development. The assumption here is one that if you are using App Studio to create your app, you are probably not too comfortable with Visual Studio/C#/XAML. If you are though, just follow this tutorial instead.
- Make sure you have Visual Studio installed. You can get it here.
- Download and install AdDuplex Universal SDK for XAML apps. Don’t worry, the installer will only copy some ad control files to be referenced from Visual Studio.
- Generate and download app source via the app studio website.
- Unzip the downloaded folder and use Visual Studio to open AppStudio.sln file.
- From the Solution Explorer window, right click References…, and select Add New Reference…
- Locate and open App.xaml.cs file in the Solution Explorer window.
- Scroll down to this piece of code
- Replace it with
- Replace YOUR_APP_ID with your AdDuplex AppID.